Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year

Happy New Year

I am staying home tonight. I was invited to a nice dinner party but decided I wanted to stay home and watch movies or something.

Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? I usually do, but keep them positive. I am all about self-improvement. I need to do some reflecting on what I want to work on this year. Maybe tonight while watching “Napoleon Dynamite.”

Knitting
Here is a swatch of the Katia “Nepal” I bought yesterday. I love it! The receipt calls it Fuchsia and Pistachio which captures the colors perfectly.



Dating…or Craigslist Strikes Again
A couple of weeks ago I was bored and feeling like dating again so responded to a few ads on Craigslist, one of them being Angelo. His two sentence reply included a picture but little else. Then I went home for Christmas and it sort of lost momentum (read: I lost interest). Angelo didn’t tell me very much about himself so I didn’t really feel like meeting him after all. So I did the polite thing and told him that I wasn’t really interested in pursuing it any further, I am busy, blah blah blah.

This morning there was a message from him in my inbox. Should I open it or not? Could be a polite, thanks, have a nice life, or not.

It was the latter.

The gist of the message was that at my age I have to take what I can get, thanks for wasting my time. (I did everything in my power not to flame him. Something about stooping to his level. In the end, I am glad I didn’t respond to the weak ass.)

At my age?? No, Angelo, I will not be taking what I can get. I have a great life and I hope someone comes along that fits into it. If not, I will be fine.

With that attitude you will be getting what you can take. And she will take and take and take when she smells desperation.

I never learn my lesson. When I do the initial responding it NEVER works. I have an uncanny ability to pick the losers.

Velvet posts the pictures of her dating entourage. It sure is tempting…

Match.com is kind of vanilla, but after the last few guys on Craigslist, make it two scoops with jimmies.

1 comment:

Red Photography said...

Dating from Craig's List? Brave girl. Back in the day, Friendster was pretty good for online dating, but those days are gone.