Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Survivor

I survived my trip home to Rhode Island for Christmas. My mother and I didn’t have our knock-down drag-out fight, either. Breakthrough?

All in all, the trip home was nice. I saw my friends Paige and Karen that I have known since childhood. Got my fill of cable TV. Saw my younger brother Ted and my nieces and nephew.

Do you watch this show “Laguna Beach” on MTV? It’s a trip. I am a child of “Beverly Hills 90210” (I also love the “O.C.”) so this show fits right in. I first saw “Laguna Beach” over the summer and was hooked. I didn’t realize that it was real people until much later. Hard to believe those high school kids are real. So I got all caught up this week. One question: what is up with Deiter’s eyebrows? It looks like he trying to emulate those freakish Gotti brothers.

Speaking of “real,” I tried to watch “Sweet 16,” but was so sickened by the whole thing I couldn’t watch for more than 5 minutes. I can watch fake rich people spending their money on ridiculous things but not real ones.

Knitting
My father’s scarf was a hit, but I totally forgot to take a picture! This is my best shot, him modelling. It was down to the wire to finish. I used my time in the airport exclusively to knitting. That evening and following morning I wove in the ends, and there were about a million of them. Then I washed and blocked it and it took freaking forever to dry. I ended up putting in the dryer for a few minutes at a time on Christmas morning. Yikes.

My mother liked her socks, too. At first she didn’t make the connection that I made them.

I have had a nice break from knitting so I am ready to take stock this week of what is still lingering and think about some new projects. I would really like to finish any loose ends before starting anything new. I am on vacation the rest of the week, yay.

No comments: