Sunday, December 11, 2005

KAL FOs




I don't know if Lolly cares anymore, but I finished my Socktoberfest socks. Here they are.




A Christmas gift for my mother. This yarn softened up considerably after I washed them.









My sock buddy, Deirdre (at Knitter from Keene), will probably have her socks very soon, so I think it's safe to advertise that I finished the Holiday Knits Sox Exchange. This yarn is really nice (Knit Picks "Sock Landscape") to knit. It is merino wool, and super soft, I thought it was cotton. And the colors are beautiful. This is a color scheme I wouldn't have picked for myself so I am glad Deirdre mentioned her favorite colors. My only worry is that they won't fit her. I am still figuring out sizing in sock-knitting.

My father's scarf is all that remains for Christmas knitting. I made the mistake of using stockinette for his scarf so it is curling. I have to rip it out and either rib it or use a border to keep it flat. I really like the look of garter stitch (it will lie flat) but I think it's too girly for my dad.

1 comment:

Acornbud said...

I love the way the purple/pink ones striped up. Great socks!