Friday, December 30, 2005

half-priced holiday candy

Knitting

I am ready to totally frog the geometric scarf because it is driving me nuts. How worth it is another scarf? My problem is I can’t figure out the last part of the pattern. I started this project about 10 months ago and put it away because of my frustration.

I figured I had a lot more knitting experience under my belt now so I picked it up again. I think it’s the way the pattern is written. It’s like a word problem in 5th grade math.






I bought this very cool looking yarn at AC Moore today. It’s Katia “Nepal.”










I need to do some swatching but I think I am going to use if for this. I love the sleeves.














Dating
I have a date on New Year’s Day. Starting the year off right! I met Greg on match. He seems nice, we had a good phone conversation yesterday. I am not sure he is my type, but I am looking forward to sushi with him on Sunday in Old Town.

I am approaching dating in a new way in 2006. I tend to give everyone a chance, even the ones that probably don’t need one. I guess I want everyone to like me. But the is totally unrealistic and kind of ridiculous. Like my knitting, I am going to be honest with myself and realistic.

And I have slowly realized that I judge people based on superficial things a lot of the time. I say I don’t, but I really do. Not easy to admit. My biggest hang-up, in life, is doing things to please other people, even total strangers! But every day, since my early 20s when I first realized this, I remind myself amnd try to change it to a more positive character trait.

Henry is slowly creeping back and I am getting curious why. We have the same birthday so I got a message from him, and then another Merry Christmas email, and then today a message wishing me a Happy New Year. We met on match a couple of years ago but it sort of fizzled. I really liked him and it took me a loooong time to get over it. He is the one who taught me that people don’t change, a very import lesson. So I am apprehensive about him suddenly emailing me. We haven’t spoken in many months and he has a girlfriend. The last communication we had I gave it to him straight about his behavior (always canceling plans at the last minute, 3-4-5 times in a row) and I thought that would be the end of it completely. I guess not.

Chris, the guy I met the night the perv was trying to look up my skirt, has vanished. What gives? You can’t call, email, text that you don’t want to go out again? Is treating people like adults such a foreign concept?

About a week ago I get this cryptic text message from him (sent at 5:40AM) after a day of phone tag: Feeling overwhelmed.

It has taken a few days for me to realize that he wasn’t referring to work…

Craigslist-guys tend to be a little sketchy. I guess there is so little buy-in to participate in online dating that they feel like they don’t take it too seriously.

I called Charles to wish him a Merry Christmas but never heard back from him. I really miss him but he is all wrong. I can hear my friend Sophie telling me, “Why do you get involved with men who are unavailable to you?”

So screw you all, I am going to sit home with my half-priced mini Milky Ways and be happy!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I went on a Craigslist date. I think it's funny. I'm desensitized to the whole darn thing now.

Love how you combine knitting and dating into one post!