Tuesday, August 30, 2005

lots of ribbing

Knitting

I restarted the pink 70s Jacket (I am renaming it because I am not using suede yarn) but the ribbing at the sleeve cuff is not tight enough. I will switch to #5s when they arrive in the mail. I won a mixed lot of 29 pairs of knitting needles, including #5s, for $18.01 + shipping, on ebay today.

It was one of those down-to-the-wire back and forths, and I finally won. Woo-hooo! I actually didn’t realize I had won, either, until I got an email from ebay. It’s kind of a rush. Like when you win at slots.

Because this transaction transpired at work today, I didn’t have a chance to check for a Kitchen Aid Mix Master (thanks for the idea mzundercover.)

I have come to the realization that I have a thing for cuffs. Really neat, interesting cuffs. Like the 70s Jacket has 4 inches of ribbing at the cuff and I love it. The yarn shows the ribbing really well. Maybe cuffs will be a new theme in my work.





Here’s the progress on Sorbet. I was contemplating not making this afterall, but I think I will. It will give me something nice to wear on my birthday anyway.

This is a lot of ribbing. Lot of ribbing...

1 comment:

Vajra said...

There's a new yarn made of 100% bamboo called, well, Bam Boo. Made by Classic Elite Yarns, it has a soft and silky texture and is perfect for light garments such as pullovers and cardigans. The bamboo makes this yarn naturally antibacterial and non allergenic. You might check it out.