Sunday, August 21, 2005

Lazy Sunday


Knitting
Progress on Tivoli. I has some issues with the first increase round so I had to frog a few rows. Hate that, but I am always glad I did it when it’s all said and done.

I spend a good part of the morning researching bulky yarn for a pullover I saw in a back issue of Vogue Knitting. I only have a bad photo copy so I can’t share it w/you. But it is very neat looking, thick and bulky with a big, shawl collar. Should be a quick knit once I decide on the yarn I want to use.

Those of you that are crazy about Noro, and there are tons of you, should check out ebay. I noticed alot of Noro today when I was browsing.

Other Amusements
I am playing with the color scheme of the blog. What do you think? I am almost there, a few more tweaks.

A typical Sunday for me, watching golf, doing laundry (or at least trying, all 4 machines where in use), lounging around. It’s too hot to do anything but I will probably go for a walk when the sun goes down.

“A Beautiful Mind” was on TV last night. Such a good movie. I am always brought to tears by the scene when he having tea in the faculty dining room with the guy who tells him he has been nominated for the Nobel Prize and his faculty peers present him with their pens. I watched “Late Marriage” this weekend, too. Foreign film so it’s hard to watch, read the subtitles, and knit, but I really enjoyed the story.

1 comment:

Vajra said...

Dear Sarah,
Just wanted you to know that Blogger has added a word verification feature to our blogs to help us stop spammers (my blog was spammed 7 times yesterday! So I changed it to disallow anonymous postings). So now I've switched it back to allow them but with word verification.

BTW, I've never been able to knit anything. I've taken classes and know the basics (sorta) but I've never made anything. Maybe your blog will inspire me.

Cheers!