Wednesday, August 17, 2005

It's August for crying out loud

Knitting
Based on some visits to my favorite knitting blogs today, I am feeling better about my lackluster progress on my current projects. It’s August for crying out loud, I need to cut myself some slack.

I did bring Tivoli to work today to knit@lunch, but of course I ran out of yarn. Ugh. I am getting better about KIP. But some projects are too complicated to take out of the house. If it’s straight forward ‘knit for the next 5 inches,’ no problem. But if I have to look at the instructions every row, nope, not suitable for KIP.

I was pondering starting a lunchtime knitting group in my office building. Anyone done this? Please share your thoughts. I am all clued in on the many knitting groups in DC, but I have yet to ever go to one. Mostly because of time, sometimes location, sometimes my motivation…

Speaking of, I came across the DC Knit-Out & Crochet web site. It is going to be Oct. 23, 2005, from noon -5PM, on the Mall in front of the National Museum of Natural History.

Dating
Charles called me last night so we got together. I am glad we have gotten back in touch. I am trying to keep my wits about me, not get nutty. He brings his own set of challenges that I am staying open to.

Dinner and pool on Sat. night w/R. went fine, he’s nice, but I don’t think it’s going anywhere. I have this feeling that he is waiting for me to slip-up, make a tragic faux pas. Ummm, and I think I fulfilled my prophecy! I don’t think I said thank you at the end of date, for dinner and pool (I sprung for ice cream). Whoops. I didn’t mean any harm. These things happen. I was so disconcerted when he walked me to my car, and made his good-byes a full-car length away.

I met Dave for the first time on Sunday. He had to reschedule our meeting time twice on that day, which started to annoy me, but it was a fine first-meeting. Kept it to 2 hours, drinks and chips and salsa only, no dinner. I think it’s a good idea to keep the first date brief, even if it is going really well. We are meeting for Indian in Arlington (Va.) tonight. This isn’t really going anywhere, either. He’s from the Midwest. Very nice, pleasant, but oh so beige.

Good thing I still find all this dating stuff fun.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

You should definitely plan to come to the Knit and Crochet-Out. I went last year and it was lots of fun to have such a large fiber presence on the mall. I also had the chance to meet some great bloggers. Good luck with your date, even if it's with a beige man.