Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

The holiday eating season has started early this year. I made these cupcakes for Deanna’s birthday (those are spiders) – she loved her scarf btw – and another, unrelated party was planned at work today, too. The theme was “Bring your autumn treats!” What good timing, I was baking anyway. It was fun, I love a dessert buffet. Banana pudding, sweet potato pie, cheese cake, cookies, flan, pumpkin bread, apple pie, marshmallow peeps, but I see a trend starting. I use a lot of vendors in my job and they always send food for holiday gifts. And people are always baking and bringing stuff in to the office. And it’s dark out so it’s time to hibernate. Maybe if I turn up the knitting it will keep my hands occupied and keep me from indulging too much. It’s hard to eat and knit.

Wondering about those crazy looking cupcakes? Me, too. Last night, in the kitchen, I was reminded that Martha Stewart knows her sh*t. These little guys looked so cute on the Reynolds website. Cute schmute. It was hard! And the few that survived last night barely made the trip to the office. Note to self - don't try to be holly homemaker, it's not a good look for you.

Knitting





I turned the heel on the purple and green socks and – phew – the number of stitches I picked up matched on both sides of the heel. That’s always a hold-your-breath moment for me. The
confetti yarn is doing funky stripes now that I am working on the foot. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Thanks Lolly for organizing Socktober Fest. Even though I didn’t finish my pair, or even one sock, it was fun, got me motivated, and it was great to see what everyone else is doing.

Maybe it can extended to Thanksoxing. Or Soxember.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

As much as I hate to admit it, I too agree that Martha Stewart knows her sh*t. I feel like I shouldn't like her, but yet I can't look away. Damn you Martha and your good ideas!

Jenna said...

mmm, cupcakes...you may have a compatriot in your indulging...I made a pie on Sunday night, that might be a bad start to the season