Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Business travel finally pays off





Remember when I pshawed swatching the Jaywalker socks? Well I just so happened to stumble upon this article about swatching socks the very next day: http://hipknitism.com/library/articles/sock_swatching.shtml. Maybe the knitting gods are trying to tell me something. I had a feeling the #3s were to big so last night I stopped and resigned myself to buying the #1s I think I need.

At lunch today I took the Georgetown Connector bus to Stitch DC in Georgetown and bought Crystal Palace Bamboo #1 and #2 DPNs. They are so smooth and nice to work with. Why didn't I know about these sooner?

And found this gorgeous book, Great Knitted Gifts. It is filled with lovely striped, intarsia, and appliquéd hats, mittens, gloves, scarves, and a few other things. I love the scarves with the 3 pom poms instead of fringe. And the corkscrew embellishments.

So Jaywalkers are back in production.

Other Amusements

I am going to Belize next month! My friend Geraldina asked me to join her and I said what the heck. Belize was not on my list of places to visit, maybe ever, so I jumped at the chance. And the make it even better, I was about to use my frequent flyer miles to buy the ticket. Business travel finally pays off!

I have known Geraldina for many years now, she used to live in Arlington but she moved back to Oakland (Calif.) about 3 years ago. I have really missed her, she’s a good person, we get along famously. It’s difficult to make good friends later on in life so it was hard to see her go. Readers who live in DC know about the turnover that takes place in ones life here. In the 10 years I have lived here, I have had 3 friend-turnovers, when a large chunk of people you socialize with leave the area. I went out to San Francisco last summer to see her and she comes here a couple of times a year because she knows a few people in the metro area.

My 4-play subscription at Arena Stage started last night with “Born Yesterday.” It was very entertaining, a comedy which I don’t usually choose.

Gotta run, “Lost” is on tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A trip to Belize sounds wonderful! And good luck on the Jaywalker socks.