Sunday, October 02, 2005

Good karma

Knitting


How gorgeous is this jacket.

I was plunking around the many knitting blogs that are out there and was introduced to Hanne Falkenberg. Her designs are so clean and the colors are vibrant and classy. A little to expensive for me but really fun to look at.

I am working on fixing the holey toe. Many thanks to Knitting a Knoon for the instructional video on kitchener stitch to close up the toes of my socks.

And I found another ball of this yarn so I can make myself a pair and give my mother these for Christmas. The fall MagKnits is up and Grumperina created a really nice sock pattern I am going to try. I love it when things work out. I get a pair and another Christmas gift is knocked off the list. Good karma.

Other Amusements

I bought a beautiful photograph yesterday at the Ballston Art Market. For all of $25. It is unframed so that will cost a little, too. It was so worth the trip, I was sorry that there weren’t more people there. There were photographs, paintings, jewelry, wearables, all really nice stuff. And it’s Metro accessible (Ballston stop). So go everyone!

The real motivation was catching up w/my watercolor teacher. I haven’t seen him in about a year and was greeted with a big hug. We had our regular chat about baseball. He’s a Yankee fan but I don’t hold it against him. He’s not rabid, and even likes the Red Sox and other teams. And Corey was chatting with a painter who turns out to be the aunt of a girl he went to high school with in Caroline County. He was blown away by that.

We decided to eat at IHOP and I ran into a woman I know from a certificate program I did at Georgetown last year. And then we came back to my place and amongst the hanging around, did it. We have a history but I did not see that coming. And that is all I will say on that subject.

I am sorry I missed Crafty Bastards in Adams Morgan yesterday. Jenna reminded me of it and had I made better plans would have met her and Lolly in the flesh. Alas, it didn’t work out. I don’t know about you, but when it rains it pours.

Today I am going to my friend Leon’s to watch the Red Sox. And that is all I will say on that subject.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That jacket is absolutely gorgeous! You are right on, clean lines and elegant.

And Grumperina's socks are just amazing!

Jenna said...

It sounds like you had a weekend that was satisfying in all areas of your life!

Sarah at Advancing the Plot said...

(picture the milk spewing out of my mouth as I gufaw)

I'll say. I am feeling a little sheepish about the whole episode. As a girl would.