Saturday, September 24, 2005

Still in Tampa

Knitting

I have gotten some knitting done on this trip, but not as much I had hoped.

Here is the progress on the Spiral Scarf.


Just a couple more rows to go. This is only 11 rows total because it is knit the long way. Never done that before. And it has 3 complete yarn over increases so it goes from about 100 rows to about 200 rows to about 400 rows and finishes with about 800 rows. How crazy is that? I chose to use circular needles to manage that many stitches. We will see what happens.






And remember Sorbet? I am plugging away at that too, row by row. It’s just stockinette at this point so it’s boring. But I am committed to it!





I have a long flight to Long Beach, Calif. on Monday so that will give me some uninterrupted time with the needles.



What city are you?

These quizzes are so silly.

You Belong in London

A little old fashioned, and a little modern.
A little traditional, and a little bit punk rock.
A unique woman like you needs a city that offers everything.
No wonder you and London will get along so well.
What City Do You Belong in? Take This Quiz :-)
Find the Love of Your Life (and More Love Quizzes) at Your New Romance.



Still in Tampa. Ugh. Get me home already! This trip has been way too long.

It’s really hard to eat well, I mean healthy, when I am on travel. I am stuck eating in restaurants for 3 meals a day. It gets so old. I always try to find a grocery or convenience store where ever I am. Thankfully I found Publix the other day. I ate the best peaches I have had in a long time. But I have eaten huge dinners that I don’t normally eat so I feel all bloated and full.

And this hotel has the worst cable channels. I get my cable fix when I travel because I don’t have it at home. So I fool around with cable TV for a few days and realize I am not missing a thing. Network and public TV works just fine for me.

Dating

Speaking of, yesterday I was contacted on match.com by a guy who has never owned a TV. I am not glued to the set every day, but I like my TV wind-down time. Does he know that he is missing “Lost”!! He was a little too outdoorsy-world-traveler-SCUBA diver-anti-establishment for me. I appreciate the environment, I recycle, and avoid the chain stores, but he was over the top. He probably sleeps in a tent in his million-dollar condo in Arlington where he parks his SUV.
But then there is hot Marvin. A big black hunk of man. I thing that is more my speed. I hope our emailing continues. He seems very normal, regular, interesting, smart.

Haven’t heard from Charles in about a week. My attitude right now is that he can call me. I am quite sure his phone dials out. I am sorry things aren't working out between us but I have things that I look for in a relationship and he is not there.

No comments: