Monday, February 06, 2006

She just shrugged and walked away

Knitting

Bell sleeve shrug, from Beatknit Patterns, is done. I seamed it up between Superbowl commercials last night.


Sidebar: My favorite commercial was for careerbuilder.com, with the monkeys partying in the conference room to celebrate sales being up. The human colleague comes in and adjusts the chart to show that sales are really down. The monkeys flip the chart, though, and continue the party. Nothing is funnier than chimps acting like humans.

The shrug is a new style in my wardrobe so I think it is going to take a little getting used to. It just feels weird, like something’s missing. I liked the way the edge of the sleeves curled a bit so I started the seam about an inch from the edge.

I love how the colors in the Katia Nepal yarn came together. Very bohemian.

I also restarted the 70s Suede Jacket, in TLC Cara Mia. I frogged the entire bottom half of the piece when I discovered about a year ago that I was knitting wrong, twisting every stitch. I debated long and hard about pulling it out or leaving it.


Other Amusements
Corey and I went to see the Chinese New Year parade in downtown DC yesterday. I have been wanting to go for the 10 years I have lived here but being on travel, not knowing when it was, and bad weather has kept me away. But not this year! I started the Year of the Dog right.

It was hard to take pictures with my digital camera because of the delay. Very annoying! But I did get one good shot of a dragon. It was a fun day. We went to Good Guys for burgers and fries after.

Dating
I think things with Gabriel have fizzled. His emails were so eloquent and lovely to read. But our phone conversation fell kind of flat. In the end, we don’t really have all that much in common. He spends a lot of time at the gym and playing tennis and I, well, don’t.

Chris is lingering. Not sure why he got back in touch. But I will wait this one out.

No comments: