Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Wishy-Washy

Knitting

Since Monday I have been going through my bookmarked knitting blogs, visiting each and every one of you. I just finished. Phew, you people tire me out! So busy traveling, visiting, partying, eating, knitting, eating, resolving, cooking, sneezing.

The general consensus is that the holidays are over, let’s get back to non-gift knitting and real life. Bravo! Great idea.

And the resolutions, so many resolutions. I haven’t done mine yet, but I will. Really.

This past fall I lost my tolerance to bad TV. I could usually stomach a bad show here or there, but I just can’t do it anymore. So now I have more time to spend on the Internet. It’s much more fun.


Dating
Well the match.com floodgates have opened. Must be the New Year’s resolutions (find a date, find a wife, torment some poor unsuspecting girl…) kicking in. Too many prospects, not enough time:

Greg, probably too old (+10)
Will the Parisian
Rick who thinks being competitive is a positive trait - might have to rethink him
Shannon the younger man (-5)
The Brit

I am embarrassed to admit that I bought Dr. Phil’s new book “Love Match.” I don’t ever buy love-self-help books, but it was kind of free because I had a gift card. So far it’s OK, nothing I don’t know. But sometimes you just need a reminder of what you are really looking for in a mate.

I think my biggest block in finding Mr. Right is that I am not sure that I want to be married at all. I think I send a vibe that I am not sure and they run. Charles even called me wishy-washy the other day. I can’t deny it. I am afraid of giving up the life I have made for myself. I have everything set the way I want it. Does that make me selfish? Or deranged? Kidding. It’s hard for me to let anyone into my life, even into my 600 square-foot space. Something to work on this year. Hey, a resolution!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

That is a conundrum situation, if you're happy with your life as it is, why should you have to change? At the same time, relationships do take compromise in both your lives. You may be more willing to make that space when you find someone to be enthused about. I hope 2006 is a happy year for you!

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean. I too can't imagine getting married. Or having kids for the same reason. But I still wanted to find someone to share my life with. Luckily, I found a guy who shares the same ideas. So as long as you know what you want and what's important to you...you can find someone.

Nik said...

I'd go for the Parisian or the younger man.

Sarah at Advancing the Plot said...

Thanks for your comments ladies. The search continues...and that's the fun part!