Monday, January 16, 2006

Knitting

Here’s the progress on the shrug. The third ball of yarn isn’t pooling as nicely as the first 2 so I have pulled some of the large areas of brown and started at a more colorful point on the ball of yarn. But I think I am in the home stretch.

I went to pick up my new glasses, that I am still on the fence about, today at Ballston Mall so I treated myself to a manicure. One of the manicurist’s had a small bag with her as she walked in that had knitting needles sticking out of it. I chuckled.

Other Amusements
So little is happening around here. I stayed home Saturday night to watch the Patriots hand the Broncos a win. Jeez, what a ridiculous game that was.

None of the remaining teams (Broncos, Steelers, Seahawks, Panthers) mean anything at all to me. Now that the Patriots are out it seems that Leon’s Sans Super bowl party is on. For the past 10 years, or more, he has thrown a party on Super bowl Sunday, but not football is watched. Hence the name. So clever.

But the Patriots have been in the Super bowl a lot lately, causing much consternation (he’s from N.H.). To keep his friends from New England (me included) happy and in attendance, the game is on in a secluded room. The first year he was really torn because he thought he was letting his (boring) anti-establishment friends down. But now older and wiser, his attitude has morphed into “fuck’em, they know where I am.”

But looks like we are back to no football-watching, sitting around talking about politics and world peace and talking about which third world country I just returned from and keeping small children from sticking their hands in the hummus. Luckily the party is within walking distance of my house.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Your shrug is coming along beautifully. I absolutely love the colors in it! I can't wait to see it when it's done.

Sarah at Advancing the Plot said...

Thanks girls. I am pretty psyched about the shrug, too. The colors look so bohemian to me. I will model when it's all done.