Sunday, January 29, 2006

Admit defeat

Knitting

I was on business travel in Sarasota, Fla. for the past few days, which makes for lots of knitting-on-planes time. I brought the Jaywalker sock because it’s easy to transport and I had memorized the pattern so I wouldn’t be fumbling with my patterns and my complimentary bag of 8 pretzels.

I finished the leg and started the heel flap when I realized that I was knitting the largest heel flap in the history of sock knitting. This was one more red flag (how many did I need for crying out loud) that this pattern is just not for me. I am throwing in the towel. There are many other sock patterns I want to try. I will just pine away when I visit all of your blogs and see all of your beautiful Jaywalker socks. Sniffle.

Now that I am home I am going to block the Bell Sleeve Shrug and sew it together. I hope to have a FO for you later in the week. That project I am psyched about. The yarn is so groovy.

Dating
Date #2 with Shannon went fine, but I don’t think I want to go out with him again. There is no spark, he doesn’t have the same sense of humor as me, he’s a little mean-spirited, yadda yadda yadda. I have been ruminating on this, thinking I am not giving him a chance, but I hardly even thought about him when I was away this week so the decision is made.

I never called workaholic guy because he’s a workaholic and …

I met Gabriel. Well, we met online and have spoken on the phone a few times. Haven’t met face-to-face yet. He seems really interesting, has had a varied life, grew up in Germany and Canada, lot of energy. Seems like a prospect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the bell sleeve shrug the one from knitty? If so I can't wait to see it. I don't know if i would have the patience for that pattern but it's gorguos!
Good luck with Gabriel.

Jenna said...

Hhhmmm, I know a single Gabriel, I wonder if it's the same guy (although it doesn't sound at all like it is, but DC is a small town at heart!). Glad you're back and I'm excited to see the shrug. I think there will be lots of posibilities for outfits to wear it with.