Sunday, August 22, 2010

Time to start thinking about Christmas gifts, knitters!

Time to start thinking about Christmas gifts, knitters! I found some nice yarn on sale on Elann today, for a new scarf for my father. Thanks to the yardage estimator here and the random stripe generator here, I think I figured out the yardage and some fun stripes.

Yesterday I met-up with the DC Threads meetup for the first time. Very nice women, and a small group which I prefer. We had knitters, crocheters, and a cross-stitcher, so there was good representation. The group meets in the atrium of the American Art Museum, a very public place, and it was funny the people who stopped to chat with us. One woman belonged to a card group that has never played cards, in the 43 years she has been part of the group, so she was impressed with us actually doing what we meet to do. I made some progress on Tudora, but I realize I can't knit and talk at the same time!

No comments: