Monday, November 21, 2005

Adding insult to injury

Salt on the wound
I stopped by the Giant this evening to get stuff to make chocolate chip cookies to bring to my brother’s for Thanksgiving and I see the “Sexiest Man Alive” issue of People is out. The recipient of the coveted title this year is Matthew McConaughey, a worthy candidate.

What is so stunning is that M., my fling in Belize looks just like him. In fact, at one point over beers in Belize we all talked about the resemblance.

Of all people to pick this year. The irony!

So all these memories came flooding back, right there in my grungy little Giant. I haven’t even been looking at my pictures because I don’t want to remember him. And all of his cuteness. Ugh.

Here, Sarah, let’s toy with your emotions a little. My poor little broken heart, stepped on. The proverbial nose thumbed in my general direction.

Life is funny that way, isn’t it.


Yeah, really f*cking funny.

Knitting
I started my Holiday Sock Swap socks, and started them again, and again, and once again. Until I finally got the gauge right. So they are looking really good, but I won’t show you as not to ruin the surprise for my sock buddy. The great part about them is I am using yarn colors that I wouldn’t pick for myself.

Lord knows I have plenty of knitting to keep my mind off of other things.

No comments: